This entry should clear up any confusion regarding the image crisis cleanup for DearDiary 3.
Thanks for the comments folks. To clear up the easy one first;
Jumping to someones diary if they leave a comment would seem like a good idea so I’ll get that one added to the list 🙂
On the image front;
- Album will NOT be affected.
- Diary CONTENT will NOT be affected. You do NOT need to backup your diary.
- MOST diary customizations SHOULD remain (not going to promise anything on that just yet though as their may be some changes that simply don’t make sense in the new customization system).
- People WILL be able to continue to use their own buttons and backgrounds, however they will NOT be able to use them for entry images other than the intended customization usage (ie, a background is a background, not an image in someone’s comment or diary entry).
- Many customized backgrounds/buttons will be removed. However, we will probably set something up so that you can request to keep yours… In other words, its going to be an opportunity (after over 4 years of DD) for some housekeeping.
- Diary entries will NOT be removed. You do NOT need to back your diary up, only (potentially) the images.
Hope that helps!