Test 123456789

Ahahaha, no that’s really the title of this one 🙂

Having discovered last night why the comments weren’t always showing up, I tweaked the database (it was a change I’d made to be clever after the move and to prevent me having to make LOTS of changes to code) back to how it should be and changed all the areas of code that needed to be changed after the move – or so I thought.

Unfortunately I’d missed one, DiaryEntry.pl and many of you noticed that it was crying because you saw strange texts in your calendars, and the entry title mysteriously became something it shouldn’t!

That’ll teach me to mess with things before going to bed 🙂

Anyway, that gremlin is resolved now.

All this trouble has come about because the new server uses a different database naming mechanism compared to the old one, so all the code has to be updated to match. I added an ‘alias’ to the database so that if I missed somewhere it wouldn’t be a disaster, but the ‘alias’ meant that although the database was getting updated, it wasn’t always noticed if you accessed it via the alias. It’s quite a clever trick that I shall bear in mind if I ever need it 🙂

So, this latest round of issues is solved… Let’s see what else we can bust up eh? 🙂


P.S. Thanks to everyone that wrote in with excellent diagnostic traces in their e-mails, it enabled me to go straight to the problem and solve it within a few seconds. The information people gave this time (particularly Eliezer and InStitches) saved me MUCH time and stress. Thank you!

Similar Posts


  1. I’m glad the stuff I sent was helpful; it was pure gibberish to me. 🙂 Almost everything is back to rights; only one small thing is out of place. At the bottom of my page just above the comments is this:

    X-Debug: 119970 – 1154476800 – 0 X-Count: 0

    Once you have everything settled I hope you’ll drop by and take a peek at the pictures you worked so hard to re-establish.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *